ePeople is hiring for an experienced Director of Nursing to work in a facility in the Chicora area. This is a Monday through Friday position, from 8am to 5pm.
This interim position will provide nursing management, set resident care standards for all direct care providers, and provide complete supervision and management for the nursing department.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Active license in the state of Pennsylvania
- Health Care industry experience preferred
This position has supervisory responsibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
The employee must frequently lift or move objects and that may weigh up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is in a nursing home setting that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Holiday and work during inclement weather will be required. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Position Responsibilities (included, but not limited to)
- Assume responsibility for the development of nursing service objectives and performance standards of nursing practice for each category of nursing personnel.
- Assume accountability for the development, organization, and implementation of approved policies and procedures.
- Direct, evaluate, and supervise all resident care and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Assess resident care needs and assist in the development of individualized plans of resident care.
- Assume responsibility for implementation of Clinical and Prospective Payment System Minimum Data Set completion schedule.
- Assess resident pre-admission and/or admission information and determine the appropriate level of care.
- Assume responsibility for the development and implementation of nursing rehabilitation and restorative programs.
- Analyze Quality Indicator reports, identify concerns, and implement corrective action to improve resident care.
- Assume responsibility for analysis of incident and accident investigation reports to determine the cause(s) and implement corrective action(s), when appropriate.
- Assess resident needs and make recommendations for special rehabilitation programs.
- Evaluate resident care as related to individualized resident needs, family involvement, and the physician’s plan of care for the resident.
- Conduct or participate in resident care conferences.
- Assess resident responses to medication and treatments and make appropriate recommendations for nursing action to be implemented.
- Report problems to the Administrator, conduct daily resident rounds, and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action.
- Direct implementation of “Resident Bill of Rights.”
- Direct and implement nursing service educational programs including, but not limited to, orientation and in-service for licensed and unlicensed nursing personnel.
- Conduct staff meetings with all shifts for purposes of planning, coordinating, and implementing nursing service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate consistent management of nursing service problems, emergency situations, and initiate “life-saving” measures in the absence of a physician.
- Assume responsibility for nursing service compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the nursing service budget.
- Consistently operate nursing services within the established budget guidelines.
- Direct allocation of nursing service equipment and supplies within the Company and establish guidelines for efficient, economical utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Ensure the availability of equipment for nursing personnel.
- Assess equipment and supply needs and make recommendations to Administrator
- Direct and supervise scheduling of employees within established guidelines for the allocation of nursing service personnel on duty.
- Recommend to the Administrator the number and level of personnel to be employed.
- Conduct interviews, hire nursing service employees, conduct counseling interviews, and initiate disciplinary action as necessary.
- Prepare written employee performance evaluations and initiate recommendations for salary increases, promotions, and terminations.
- Participate in hospital committee meetings and function on committees as assigned.
- Direct, organize, and schedule required resident assessments and related documentation for Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) reimbursement.
- Consistently make the accurate level of care determinations, based on the physician’s recommendations and the resident’s plan of care.
- Make management reports and special assignments and adhere to established time schedules.
- Establish open lines of communication with consultants and consistently take follow-up action on recommendations.
- Take inquiries for resident placement as assigned by the Administrator and initiate procedures for proper placement of residents and level of care determinations.
- Coordinate resident admissions, transfers and discharge with community agencies and other facilities.
- Establish good public relations with hospital discharge coordinators and social service consultants.
- Communicate daily with nursing personnel providing clear, concise information as well as specific assignments.
- Oversee the antibiotic stewardship program in the home.
- Maintain a reference library of written nursing material (e.g., Regulations, Standards of Practice, PDR, etc.) that will assist the nursing service department in meeting the day-to-day needs of residents.
- Participate in Company surveys (and/or delegate key staff) made by authorized government agencies as necessary.
- Ensure that all nursing assistants are enrolled in or have graduated from a state-approved training program.
- Assure that there is sufficient nursing staff for each tour of duty to ensure that quality care is maintained.
- Observe all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Performs other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.